Is Life Coaching Right For Me?
Coaching begins with the present and focuses on moving you forward. I support you to clarify your purpose and future goals. I personally work with you to discover the possibilities, to address any obstacles and overcome barriers to achieving success.
What is Professional Life Coaching?
- Coaching is future-focused, action and results oriented. Clients come to coaches because there is a gap between where they are and where they want to be. With the support of a coach, clients can achieve their goals faster than they can do on their own. The coach acts as a catalyst for change. Breakthrough results do not come from simply trying harder or being in the right place at the right time. A client experiences personal and professional excellence with commitment and by being in action with a professional coach.
- Clients hire coaches for many different reasons. A client may want to advance her career so the focus may be on developing or improving performance, behaviors and skills so she can become more effective. Perhaps, the client wants better work-life balance, is looking for purpose and meaning in her life or needs to work on a relationship issue. A coach works with clients to become their personal and professional best.
How is Life Coaching different from therapy or counselling?
- Life Coaching starts with the present and works toward the client’s desired future. The coach and client may take a brief look at the past, but they do not spend much time there.
- Therapists focus primarily on the past with their clients. They work to heal the past that is likely having an adverse effect on the present.
Why select Robbie as your life coach?
- Robbie has been very fortunate to enjoy career success and is passionate about helping her clients do the same. She has a wealth of experience in leadership having been in leadership roles for over 25 years, 5 at the executive level. She has walked in your shoes, knows your challenges and can support you to become your professional best.
- Robbie knows the challenges of work/life balance having raised a family while working full-time and going to school full-time. She can support you with your career aspirations and help you identify, prioritize and balance all the other important areas of your life.
- Robbie understands the importance of giving and has assumed many volunteer positions in areas such as Girl Scouts, church, school, running a junior golf league and other community activities. Creating a life that brings meaning and fulfillment is something Robbie can help you achieve.
- Robbie is high energy, enthusiastic, inspirational and compassionate and brings all these qualities to the coaching relationship. She is passionate about living life to the fullest and wants her clients to do the same. Robbie is committed to helping all her clients find success, joy and fulfillment in their lives.
Hi, I'm Robbie!
Many leaders have worked hard to climb the corporate ladder, are exhausted, burned out, unfulfilled, and realize they’ve spent precious years of their life climbing the wrong ladder. I coach women to find their mission and purpose in life, to set and achieve desired career and personal goals and to lead extraordinary lives.
Robbie Carlson was my mentor when I attended Aurora’s Leadership Academy in 2004. She also helped me with professional development as my coach after the Leadership Academy completion. She saw leadership potential in me that I didn’t immediately see. By working through constant reflections and self-challenges, Robbie helped me realize my unique qualities and helped me stretch my capabilities. I worked with Robbie on professional development and always looked forward to our motivating meetings as I developed a growth mindset. Two areas of development I carry with me today from Robbie’s guidance are owning and learning from mistakes and then letting them go, as well as to lead with integrity as you will always feel confident in knowing you did the right thing.
Having worked with Robbie for several years at Banner Health, she was an incredible source of support to me professionally. Always willing to listen to any concerns that I had, she would go above and beyond to do whatever was within her power to resolve those concerns. She has an immediately-likable personality and warmth that conveys a deep sense of caring. She was on the original panel of 3 executives who interviewed me for my position within Banner Health. Despite the fact that I’m sure she had done hundreds of similar interviews, she still made me valued and important as a potential member of the Banner family, even before I had been hired. In any field, whether as a corporate executive or as a life/career coach, Robbie would be an incredible asset for all those lives she touches.